Tuesday, June 30, 2009

faith, trust and confidence


after a very busy day, i decided to relax for a while before heading home yesterday afternoon. by relax i mean taking my time in going home (i'm walking anyway). i passed by a group of buddies reminiscing good old memories during martial law.

stopped for while to listen to such golden memories when the one talking suddenly said,
"you're a writer, right?"
"i do love to write but not good enough to be called one. . ."
"no. you do! you used to be in the college paper." (one of his children is a good friend of mine)
"if you insist. its an honor to be called one. but no finger inch compared to your son."
"nah, you're a good one. i know. care to write my biography?"

i was caught off guard. he was actually offering me to write a book about him. in front of five other people i know. said he'd take care of having it published. thought he was kidding. he's not. told me about a few conditions. . . but that's not the point. whether i accepted it or not is out of the question too. few people would know when they read this.

i'd never know why me but his son is far better than me. i mean, i write. . . yes i do but not to the level of what he had in mind. i've read some of his son's unpublished stories and articles. fit for the weekend issue of commercial papers.

the point here is the trust of that man in me. his confidence in me is far bigger than the confidence i have for myself. if only we have the same trust to our leaders. . . yet again, do you think they deserve such trust?

(DISCLAIMER: the picture posted has nothing to do with the article. it only represents the label. thank you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment